Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring
We work within the community to engage with families, volunteers and donors to serve our communities youth, by creating safe, strong, and enduring mentoring relationships.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER TODAY!!
There are currently more than 65 kids in our community waiting to be matched to a mentor. These children are referred to our agency by a variety of sources (schools, parents, counselors, etc…) and each one needs a caring adult mentor willing to spend just a little bit of time with them each month. Someone who is willing to talk to them, listen to what they have to say, recognize the child’s inner potential and nurture it. It is this kind of relationship and time that can redirect the course of a child’s future. It can be done without spending lots of time or money. If you have 4 hours per month that you spend doing fun, or even what you consider mundane, everyday activities, and are able to take a child along with you for company, you could impact that child’s life. Please help us change the way children grow up in our community.
Sponsor an Event
Our Vision, Mission & Accountability
The Mission of Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring, Inc., is to provide youth in our community with a mentor that supports, encourages, and provides opportunities, that will help them achieve success in life.
The Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring vision is that all children have the help they need to succeed in life.
We partner with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community and hold ourselves accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
Local Kids waiting for a mentor
Kids matched with a mentor
Hours per month to help a child
Smiles and good times you'll experience with a kid
What We Do:
We work within the community to engage with families, volunteers and donors to serve our communities youth. We create and professionally support; safe, strong, and enduring mentoring relationships.
What We Achieve:
We achieve measurable outcomes for each youth served in the following key areas:
- Educational Success – youth attends school, performs better and is more likely to graduate.
- Attitudes & Competencies – youth has higher aspirations, gains confidence to overcome challenges, and improves relationships with others.
- Risky Behavior Avoidance – youth avoids risky behaviors, delinquency and involvement with the juvenile justice system.
Why It Matters:
Our work positively impacts individuals and communities. Matched with a screened, trained and professionally supported volunteer, the youth served by Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring, will become responsible productive citizens and will be able to achieve lifelong success. Ultimately, this will be a benefit to our local families, communities, schools, and businesses.
Your Support Goes Far
When you donate online to Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring, you join our cause and directly support the children in our community. No matter how little or big the amount, donating can start making a difference in the lives of young people around you.
Your financial support starts lots of things, like:
- recruiting new mentor to volunteer their time and talents
- covering the costs of background checks, while ensuring trained professionals match kids to mentors
- enabling ongoing supervision and relationship support for every child, volunteer and family
- providing cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for the children in our programs
Become a part of the Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring family today.
Donating will help to:
- Recruit new mentor to volunteer their time and talents
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible mentors
- Offer ongoing supervision and support for every matched pair
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for the children in our programs
No matter how much you give, donating will improve the lives of young people in our community. Your donation will help them meet the challenges of growing up into happy, confident, and caring young adults.
Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring needs YOU.
Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring receives 60% of our funding from private donations. Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in our community.
And we know the children need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend — someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Kids with a mentor show real differences in their personal and academic lives. Here in Mid-Ohio, an evaluation is done every year. Last year the following is what was reported by our volunteers, teachers, and parents about the kids in our program:
- 84% of the children were reported to have increased their self-confidence
- 83% were said to be able to express thier feelings better
- 86% were reported to be able to show more trust toward their parent and volunteer
- 66% had a better attitude toward school
- 58% actually increased thier school performance
- 60% got along better with their peers and families
Donating Pays Dividends
Research shows that our mentoring works. Children matched to a mentor in our programs show real differences in their personal and academic lives. They are more confident in their schoolwork performance, they get along better with their families and they’re 52% less likely to skip school.
Your financial support helps us provide our programs and services right here in your local community—so we can develop more college grads, community leaders and entrepreneurs.
Roughly 92% of every dollar you give goes directly to making and supporting matches between kids and mentors.
SUPPORT OUR MISSION
One Time Gift
Click here to give a one time gift to Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring
Click here to give a monthly gift to Mid-Ohio Youth Mentoring. You choose how long you’d like to give, and your credit card will be automatically charged each month.
In Honor / In Memory of Gift
Click here to make a donation in the honor of someone you love.